The sixth race of Glass Times Race Day every year at Epsom Downs Racecourse is The 1m 113y 3YO Handicap Flat Race.
Offering an exquisite seven-race card every autumn, including the likes of The EBF Novice Median Auction Stakes and The Jump Jockeys’ Handicap Flat Race, The Glass Times Race Day is a highly-anticipated single-day racing event that takes place at The Epsom Downs in Surrey.
Thanks to this wonderful location by the public access grounds of Surrey’s Epsom Downs, races hosted by Epsom Downs Racecourse can be witnessed by upwards of 130,000 spectators at a time, which creates one of the most electrifying atmospheres in horse flat racing.
The next edition of The 1m 113y 3YO Handicap Flat Race is scheduled to take place on Thursday the 9th of September 2021. For all of The Epsom Glass Times Race Day’s news and ticket information, sign up for The Jockey Club’s newsletter at https://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/newsletter/.
About The Race
The 1m 113y 3YO Handicap Flat Race is a Class 5 handicap flat race that serves as the sixth and penultimate race of The Glass Times Race Day every September at Epsom Downs Racecourse.
Exclusively open to horses aged just three years old, The 1m 113y 3YO Handicap Flat Race runs 1 mile and 113 yards of Epsom Downs Racecourse and usually features a small to medium-field of runners.
A share of £8,200 was to contest the last time this race took place in 2019, which was shared as follows between the first four race finishers:
1st place – 15/8 Bring Us Paradise (GB) – £4,528
2nd place – 14/1 Thorn (GB) – £1,348
3rd place – 4/1 Memphis Bleek (GB) – £673
4th place – 8/1 Black Medick (GB) – £337
The 1m 113y 3YO Handicap Flat Race will begin at around 16:30 on Thursday the 9th of November 2021.
The small to medium-sized field of young horses that run in The 1m 113y 3YO Handicap Flat Race at Epsom Downs Racecourse during The Glass Times Race Day are ridden by some of the best flat racing jockeys in the sport.
Here are the runners, their starting prices and how they fared in this fantastic race at Epsom’s Glass Times Race Day at Epsom Downs Racecourse last time out in 2019 (ordered by saddlecloth number):
- Welcoming (FR) – sixth-place finish – 9/2 starting price – weighing in at 9-9 – ridden by jockey Joe Fanning and trained by Mark Johnston
- Memphis Bleek (GB) – third-place finish – 4/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-2 – ridden by jockey William Carver and trained by Ivan Furtado
- Conspiritor (GB) – seventh-place finish – 15/2 starting price – weighing in at 9-3 – ridden by jockey Kieran Shoemark and trained by Charlie Hills
- Bring Us Paradise (GB) – first-place finish – 15/8 starting price – weighing in at 9-3 – ridden by jockey Cieren Fallon and trained by A W Carroll
- Black Medick (GB) – fourth-place finish – 8/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-2 – ridden by jockey Jason Watson and trained by Laura Mongan
- Thorn (GB) – second-place finish – 14/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-0 – ridden by jockey Liam Keniry and trained by Peter Hiatt
- Ambersand (IRE) – fifth-place finish – 14/1 starting price – weighing in at 8-12 – ridden by jockey Barry McHugh and trained by Richard Fahey
- Gennaro (IRE) – eighth-place finish – 20/1 starting price – weighing in at 8-7 – ridden by jockey Gabriele Malune and trained by Ivan Furtado
For the most accurate, well-researched betting tips for races like The 1m 113y 3YO Handicap Flat Race at Epsom Downs Racecourse, you’ve come to the right place.
Alongside these professional betting tips, you’ll also find the best and most recent promo codes for sign-up offers including big free bets, boosted odds, cashback on spendings and losses and paid extra places promotions.
Last time out in The 1m 113y 3YO Handicap Flat Race, odds ranged from 15/8 for the race favourite Bring Us Paradise up to 20/1 for the longest outsider Gennaro.
This edition of the race was won by Bring Us Paradise, the 15/8 race favourite, who converted £25 outright backing stakes into £71.88 in returns, £46.88 in profits.
Here are the previous 4 winners of The 1m 113y 3YO Handicap Flat Race at The Epsom Glass Times Race Day, including their odds, closest competitors and race stats:
(2020 edition abandoned due to the Coronavirus pandemic)
The winner of The 1m 113y 3YO Handicap Flat Race at the most recent edition of The Glass Times Race Day last September was 15/8 priced race favourite Bring Us Paradise, ridden by jockey Cieren Fallon and trained by A W Carroll.
14/1 priced outsider Thorn finished four and a half lengths behind Bring Us Paradise in second place, followed by 4/1 priced second-favourite Memphis Bleek in third place and 8/1 priced Black Medick in fourth.
The 2018 edition of The Epsom Glass Times Race Day was abandoned due to a grub infestation at Epsom Downs Racecourse.
At The Glass Times Race Day in 2017, 11/4 priced race favourite Alnasl, ridden by jockey Edward Greatrex and trained by Archie Watson, won The 1m 113y 3YO Handicap Flat Race at Epsom Downs Racecourse.
5/1 priced Traveller finished three and a half lengths behind Alnasl in second place, followed by 10/1 priced Unit Of Assessment in third place and 8/1 priced Diamond Bear in fourth.
Ridden by jockey Callum Shepherd and trained by Brian Ellison, 16/1 priced outsider Be Kool finished first in The 1m 113y 3YO Handicap Flat Race at Epsom Downs Racecourse on Glass Times Race Day.
9/2 priced second-favourite Irish Optimism finished just a head behind Be Kool in second place, followed by 16/1 priced Mockinbird in third place and 3/1 priced race favourite Ripoll in fourth.