The 6f 3y Handicap Flat Race is the seventh race that takes place on Glass Times Race Day every year at Epsom Downs Racecourse.
The Glass Times Race Day is a highly-anticipated single-day racing event that takes place at The Epsom Downs in Surrey every autumn, featuring an impressive seven-race card that includes the likes of The EBF Novice Median Auction Stakes and The Jump Jockeys’ Handicap Flat Race.
Epsom Downs Racecourse can accommodate up to 130,000 fans at a time, creating one of the most exuberant atmospheres in horse flat racing, thanks to its fantastic position on the public access grounds of Surrey’s Epsom Downs.
The 6f 3y Handicap Flat Race will be held again on Thursday the 9th of September 2021. For all of The Epsom Glass Times Race Day’s news and ticket information, sign up for The Jockey Club’s newsletter at https://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/newsletter/.
About The Race
The 6f 3y Handicap Flat Race is a Class 5 handicap flat race that serves as the final race of The Glass Times Race Day at Epsom Downs Racecourse every autumn.
Open to horses aged three years old and above, The 6f 3y Handicap Flat Race runs six furlongs and three yards of Epsom Downs Racecourse and featured a moderately sized field of runners.
£8,200 was in the race purse last time out, which was shared proportionately between the first four horses to successfully pass the final post. Here’s how much was assigned to each placement position:
1st place – 7/2 Cent Flying (GB) – £4,528
2nd place – 4/1 Restless Rose (GB) – £1,348
3rd place – 9/2 Wiley Post (GB) – £673
4th place – 6/1 Highland Acclaim (IRE) – £337
The 6f 3y Handicap Flat Race will conclude The Epsom September Afternoon Racing at around 17:05 on Thursday the 9th of September 2021.
The runners that compete in The 6f 3y Handicap Flat Race always manage to close off this spectacular day of racing in style, leaving the enthusiastic horse racing fans hungry for more.
Here are the runners, their starting prices and how they fared in this fantastic race at Epsom’s Glass Times Race Day at Epsom Downs Racecourse last time out in 2019 (ordered by saddlecloth number):
- Wiley Post (GB) – third-place finish – 9/2 starting price – weighing in at 9-8 – ridden by jockey Scott McCullagh and trained by A W Carroll
- Restless Rose (GB) – second-place finish – 4/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-8 – ridden by jockey Joe Fanning and trained by Stuart Williams
- Highland Acclaim (IRE) – fourth-place finish – 6/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-7 – ridden by jockey Kieran Shoemark and trained by David O’Meara
- Spanish Star (IRE) – eighth-place finish – 14/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-6 – ridden by jockey Liam Keniry and trained by Patrick Chamings
- Zac Brown (IRE) – ninth-place finish – 14/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-6 – ridden by jockey Barry McHugh and trained by Charlie Wallis
- The Lamplighter (FR) – seventh-place finish – 5/1 starting price – weighing in at 9-5 – ridden by jockey Cieren Fallon and trained by George Baker
- Cent Flying (GB) – first-place finish – 7/2 starting price – weighing in at 9-4 – ridden by jockey Jason Watson and trained by William Muir
- Swanton Blue (IRE) – fifth-place finish – 12/1 starting price – weighing in at 8-11 – ridden by jockey Toby Eley and trained by Ed De Giles
- Perfect Symphony (IRE) – sixth-place finish – 16/1 starting price – weighing in at 8-9 – ridden by jockey Charlie Bennett and trained by Mark Pattinson
You’ve come to the right place if you’re looking for the most reliable, well-researched betting advice for races like the 6f 3y Handicap Flat Race or the Epsom Derby at Epsom Downs Racecourse.
You’ll also find the latest and greatest promo codes for sign-up offers such as big free bets, boosted odds, cashback on spendings and losses, and paid extra places promotions alongside these expert betting tips.
Odds for the runners in The 6f 3y Handicap Flat Race at Epsom’s Glass Times Race Day last time out in September 2019 ranged from 7/2 for the race favourite Cent Flying up to 16/1 for the longest outsider Perfect Symphony, who managed a sixth-place finish.
The 7/2 priced race favourite Cent Flying finished first in this edition of The 6f 3y Handicap Flat Race, transforming £10 outright backing stakes into £45 in returns, £35 in profits.
Here are the previous 4 winners of The 6f 3y Handicap Flat Race at The Epsom Glass Times Race Day, including their odds, closest competitors and race stats:
(2020 edition abandoned due to the Coronavirus pandemic)
Cent Flying, the 7/2 priced race favourite, finished first in The 6f 3y Handicap Flat Race at Epsom’s Glass Times Race Day in 2019, ridden by jockey Jason Watson and trained by William Muir.
4/1 priced second-favourite Restless Rose finished just half a length behind Cent Flying in second place, followed by 9/2 priced third-favourite Wiley Post in third place and 6/1 priced Highland Acclaim in fourth.
The 2018 edition of The Epsom Glass Times Race Day was abandoned due to a grub infestation at Epsom Downs Racecourse.
At The Glass Times Race Day back in 2017, The 6f 3y Handicap Flat Race was won by 25/1 priced outsider Kowaiyess, ridden by jockey Adam Beschizza and trained by Mohamed Moubarak.
6/1 priced Grandad’s World finished just a neck behind Kowaiyess in second place, followed by 6/4 priced race favourite Amood in third place and 7/1 priced Flowing Clarets in fourth.
Ridden by jockey Martin Lane and trained by Stuart Kittow, 4/1 priced race favourite Mad Endeavour won The 6f 3y Handicap Flat Race at Epsom Downs Racecourse in 2016.
10/1 priced Straits Of Malacca finished just a neck behind Mad Endeavour in second place, followed by 5/1 priced Chetan in third place and 14/1 priced outsider Divine Call in fourth.